It’s National Bike to Work Week, and even if you spend the greater part of the rest of the year commuting on two wheels instead of four, this week gives you ample opportunity to celebrate and inspire others to make bike commuting a part of their everyday lives.
We’ve rounded up some of the fun events happening throughout the week to make sure that you get to take advantage of the Bike to Work spirit!
- Cleveland: Kick off May 20 Bike to Work Day party with your fellow Cleveland cyclists in a downtown celebration, 7:30am-9am. Don’t want to go it alone? Find yourself a”ride buddy” with the help of Ohio Ride Share.
- Boston: Enjoy a guided bike convoy to Boston’s City Hall Plaza as part of Mayor Menino’s Bike Festival. May 20, 7-9am.
- Eugene: Bike ‘n Brew, with local food and beer on Friday May 20, from 5-7pm.
- Flagstaff: Bike to Breakfast Day on Tuesday May 18, from 6:30-9am, being hosted at 8 different locations.
- Los Angeles: Bike FROM work on Thursday May 19 and you’ll get to have a happy hour beer with fellow cyclists at a handful of locales around the city.
- Portland: In this city, Bikes Mean Business. Join the BTA in learning just why. They’ll be set up from 9am-1pm talking to workers, employers, and visitors about why biking makes sense for a thriving business community.
- Santa Fe: Clinics and socials will keep you busy in New Mexico.
- Seattle: Commuter stations (which will have some L&M lights as prizes!), the Mayor’s ride, Ballard Block Party and a rally at City Hall, all on May 20, the Cascade Bicycle Club has you covered.
Know of more fun Bike to Work Week events? Tell us about them in the comments below.